accredited business BBB
40 mm Medicine Cabinet Hinge
Product Information & Specifications
- Replacement hinge and mounting plate system for Medicine Cabinets.
- Hinge cup fits into a 40mm diameter hole (approximately 1-9/16").
- The screwhole center-to-center dimension for the hinge screws is 52mm (approximately 2-1/16").
- The screwhole center-to-center dimension for the mounting plate is 32mm (approximately 1-1/4).
- The mounting plate snaps on the the hinge and can be removed from the hinge by pressing on a small lever.
- The hinges are adjustable after installation (in and out, up and down, and side to side) by means of 3 cam screws.
- Made from steel and nickel plated. Opening angle is 94 degrees.
How to size your hinge system
- Make sure your existing hinge fits into a 40mm diameter hole or cup.
- Make sure your screwhole center-to-center measurements match those listed above.
- Measure your pivot point height (upper pivot point). See link below for instructions on how to measure.
- The hinges show a "pivot point range" because they are adjustable up and down.
- The best choice will be a hinge where your pivot point height falls in the middle of one of the pivot point ranges shown.
Important Ordering Information
- This item is sold by the Set; a set includes one hinge, one mounting plate and 4 tapered screws for wood or metal.
- You will normally order two Sets per door.
- When replacing hinges on a medicine cabinet it is necessary to replace all of the hinges and mounting plate on any door that you are working on. Mixing different brands of hinges can cause binding problems because they may have slightly differing articulations.
- The Type of the hinge (Full Crank or Half Crank) shown in the listing below is not important. Please disregard when ordering.
Technical Support Information