accredited business BBB
35 mm Medicine Cabinet Hinge
Product Information & Specifications
- Replacement hinge and mounting plate system for Medicine Cabinets.
- Hinge cup fits into a 35mm diameter hole (1-3/8").
- Sold by the set; a set includes one hinge, one mounting plate and 4 tapered screws for wood or metal.
- Most medicine cabinet doors will require that you order 2 sets to replace the hinges.
- When replacing hinges on a medicine cabinet it is necessary to replace all of the hinges and mounting plate on any door that you are working on. Mixing different brands of hinges can cause binding problems because they may have slightly differing articulations.
- The screwhole center-to-center dimension for the hinge screws is 45mm (approximately 1-3/4").
- The screwhole center-to-center dimension for the mounting plate is 32mm (approximately 1-1/4).
- The mounting plate snaps on the the hinge and can be removed from the hinge by pressing on a small lever.
- The hinges are adjustable after installation (in and out, up and down, and side to side) by means of 3 cam screws.
- Made from steel and nickel plated. Opening angle is 110 degrees.
How to size your hinge system
- Make sure your existing hinge fits into a 35mm diameter hole or cup.
- Make sure your screwhole center-to-center measurements match those listed above.
- Measure your pivot point height (upper pivot point). See link below for instructions on how to measure.
- The hinges show a "pivot point range" because they are adjustable up and down.
- The best choice will be a hinge where your pivot point height falls in the middle of one of the pivot point ranges shown.
About the Screw Hole Pattern
- These hinges use the Blum Screw hole pattern.
- For medicine cabinets with metal cabinets, you want to make sure that your screw hole pattern matches the screw hole pattern of these hinges.
- For medicine cabinets with wood cabinets, it is possible to fill and re-drill the screw holes.
- Click on the link below to see a diagram of the Blum Screw Hole pattern.
Technical Support Information