accredited business BBB
26 mm Medicine Cabinet Hinge
Product Information & Specifications
- Replacement hinge and mounting plate system for Medicine Cabinets.
- Hinge cup fits into a 26mm diameter hole (slightly larger than 1", measures 1.016").
- The screwhole center-to-center dimension for the hinge screws is 1-1/2".
- The screwhole center-to-center dimension for the mounting plate is 1-1/4".
- The mounting plate snaps on the the hinge and can be removed from the hinge by pressing on a small lever.
- The hinges are adjustable after installation (in and out, up and down, and side to side) by means of 3 cam screws.
- When replacing hinges on a medicine cabinet it is necessary to replace all of the hinges and mounting plate on any door that you are working on. Mixing different brands of hinges can cause binding problems because they may have slightly differing articulations.
- Sold by the set; a set includes one hinge, one mounting plate and 4 tapered screws for wood or metal.
- Most medicine cabinet doors will need 2 sets per door.
- Made from steel and nickel plated. Opening angle is 95 degrees.
- PLEASE NOTE: The hinge and mounting plate combination that you receive may look slightly different from what you see in the above image. To achieve all of the different pivot point heights we use 3 different hinge types and 5 different mounting plate heights.
How to size your hinge system
- Make sure your existing hinge fits into a 26mm diameter hole or cup.
- Make sure your screwhole center-to-center measurements match those listed above.
- Measure your pivot point height (use the upper pivot point). See link below for instructions on how to measure.
- The hinges show a pivot point range because they hinges are adjustable up and down.
- The best choice for you will be a hinge where your pivot point falls in the middle of one of the pivot point ranges.
About the Screw Hole Pattern
- These hinges use the Blum Screw hole pattern.
- For medicine cabinets with metal cabinets, you want to make sure that your screw hole pattern matches the screw hole pattern of these hinges.
- For medicine cabinets with wood cabinets, it is possible to fill and re-drill the screw holes.
- Click on the link below to see a diagram of the Blum Screw Hole pattern.
Technical Support Information