accredited business BBB Quantity Pricing Available Place your cursor over the green icon below for special quantity discounts
Grass 830 and 831 Hinges
Product Information & Specifications
- PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PLACING AN ORDER:
- Grass 830 and 831 hinges were discontinued by the manufacturer years ago and are no longer available.
- This page will show you how to replace your obsolete Grass hinges with new Compact 33 hinges and new mounting plates.
- VERY IMPORTANT: You must order both new hinges and new mounting plates. You cannot mix your existing Grass parts with the new Blum parts. You will need to replace all hinges and all plates on any door you are working on.
- Both hinge systems use a hinge that is made up of two separately ordered components:
- a hinge (our SKU 652276)
- a mounting plate (see below for info on how to choose your mounting plate)
- There are 10 possible, different mounting plates.
- 9 "Edge Mount" plates for overlays of 1/4" to 1-5/8". Edge mount plates attach to the edge of the cabinet face frame.
- 1 "Face Mount" plate for overlays of 1-3/8" or greater. The face mount plate attaches to the "face" of the cabinet face frame rather than the edge of the cabinet face frame.
- If you click on the link below that says "Grass 830 and 831 Mounting Plate Conversion Chart, you can use the numbers stamped on your existing Grass mounting plate to convert to our Compact 33 mounting plate.
- Some Information about the old Grass 830/831 hinge system:
- Grass 830 hinges were for 5/8" thick doors and open 120 degrees.
- Grass 831 hinges were for 3/4" doors and open 105 degrees.
- The Compact 33 hinge will fit in the same 35mm cup that is drilled in the back of your door
- The 1/8" bore distance requirement is exactly the same.
- You will need to drill new wood screw holes.
- Your old screw holes may be left exposed and will need filling if desired.
- How to order
- The Compact 33 replacement hinge is our SKU 652276
- Use one of two methods to choose your replacement mounting plate:
- Method One: if there is a number stamped on your current mounting plate (for example 831-41) click on the link below called "Grass 830 and 831 Mounting Plate Conversion Chart" and use the chart to choose the proper mounting plate
- Method Two: if there is no number stamped on your mounting plate:
- First measure your door overlay. Click on the link below for instructions on how to measure your overlay.
- Second, click on the link below called "Grass 830 and 831 Mounting Plate Conversion Chart" and use the chart to match up your door overlay dimension with the proper new mounting plate SKU number.
- IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: For each door that you are working on you will need to order 2 new Compact 33 hinges and 2 new Compact 33 mounting plates. Hinges from different manufacturers "articulate" differently and mixing different brands of hinges can cause binding. Your existing Grass mounting plates will not work with the new Compact 33 hinges, so be sure to order new mounting plates with your hinges.
Quantity Pricing Available Place your cursor over the green icon below for special quantity discounts
Technical Support Information