accredited business BBB Quantity Pricing Available Place your cursor over the green icon below for special quantity discounts
Blum Blumotion Hinge for Face Frame Inset Cabinets
Product Information & Specifications
- Blum's half cranked "Clip top" hinge for face frame inset cabinets featuring built-in Blumotion.
- Hinge cup drilled in the back of the door is 35mm (1-3/8") in diameter. Door opening angle is 110 degrees.
- Blumotion is Blum's soft close feature, silent and effortless door closing action, now integrated into the hinge cup.
- This hinge may be used to retrofit existing cabinets which use Blum's Face Frame Adapter Mounting Plate. No need to buy new mounting plates. Simply unsnap your existing Blum hinges from their mounting plates, replace the hinges using the existing screws and snap the hinges back onto the mounting plates (see advisory below).
- Hinge also features a deactivation switch. Blumotion feature may be turned off for small or light doors (turn off Blumotion on one of the two hinges on the door).
- ADVISORY: This hinge requires that the cup drilled in the back of your door is at least 13mm (1/2" deep). Prior Blum Clip top hinges required a 12.5mm cup depth. We recommend that you measure the cup depth on your doors before ordering. Many cabinet makers used a 13mm cup depth even though the requirement was only 12.5mm so yours may actually already be drilled to 13mm. If your cup depth measures only 12.5, we have a hinge cup spacer plate which you can install under the hinge cup to make up for the 0.5 mm difference. The hinge cup spacer plate is offered for purchase during checkout.
- PLEASE NOTE: European hinges are a two-part hinge made up of the hinge and a mounting plate (sold separately and available for purchase below). In most cases you will need to order mounting plates, the correct mounting plate for this hinge when installed on a face frame cabinet with an inset door is our Face Frame Adapter Mounting Plate SKU 268225.
- Each hinge uses two each #6 flat head screws (not included but offered for purchase during checkout).
- Hinge is made from steel and nickel plated.
- IMPORTANT PLEASE READ:
- European hinges are a two part hinge made up of the hinge AND a mounting plate.
- The mounting plate is a separately ordered item.
- To chose the mounting plate consult the overlay table at the link below
- Mounting plates are offered for purchase during checkout
Accesories available for this hinge (Offered for purchase at check-out):
- Mounting plates for frameless applications, required for installation.
- #6, flat head screws, required for installation (SKU 652360)
- Plastic Dowels, used on manufactured wood products where wood screws do not hold well (SKU 268368)
- Restriction clip. Limits angle of opening to 86 degrees (SKU 701113)
- Hinge cup spacer plate: takes up gap if your hinge cup is drilled to 12.5mm (SKU 701112).
- Hinge cover caps, covers adjustment screws, dresses up the hinge (SKU 268002)
- Screws for back to back mounting applications.
- Touch Latch (SKU 268038).
- 35mm Forstner Bit, for new installations (SKU 204000)
- Ecodrill, installation jig, for new installations (SKU 701000)
Quantity Pricing Available Place your cursor over the green icon below for special quantity discounts
Technical Support Information